All in the Name of Charity

Sorry I've been MIA this week. I've been so very busy. I'm like 90% sure yesterday was the longest day of my life. If not my whole life then at least the last few years, anyway.

Wednesday night, Dana and I stayed up until 11:30 baking up a storm. Cupcakes, brownies, cookies. We bagged candy and made signs, all while barely keeping our eyes open. And then we woke up at 4:30 the next morning for work and school, respectively, after which, we spent nine hours at a table in the lobby of my school, whoring out our baked goods.

Why did we do all this, you ask?

We did it for charity. More specifically, we did it for the Muscular Dystrophy Association. Every year, my job sells shamrocks to raise money for Jerry's Kids. This year, Dana decided to take it a step further. We set that table up and roped people in all day. It was exhausting and exhilarating all at once. And once we were done, we added up our profits and we couldn't believe it.

We raised $256.

Two hundred and fifty-six dollars.

How awesome is that?

The four of us who stayed there all day, for the sake of this charity, couldn't believe it. We were hoping for a hundred bucks. Tops. When we found out we more than doubled that...there are no words for how good it felt.

There really is no better feeling than doing good like this. It just might feel better than my selling a thousand shamrocks last year...

Anyway, I've got to get ready for a long day at work. Do me a favor, would you? If you're out and about today and you see someone selling shamrocks for the MDA, buy one, will ya? You'll feel great, I promise.